Saturday, August 5, 2017

Bella, Daisy & the Tools

This is Bella, P&J's senior cat. She loves affection.

This is the bird based on Bella.

This is their horse, Daisy.

This is the bird based on Daisy. Daisy is white, but so is the background of this quilt, so I used creams instead.

P&J also have several chickens (for eggs), dogs named Rex and Twister and another cat named Ruby as well as a mule named Blessed. Dunno how many of them are going to wind up in the quilt.

This is my brother in his workshop. I loved the cabinet of tools and how the chisel with the red handle stood out.


So of course I had to make a bird based on that. Check out the fabric of the wing and the beak. 

Heh.




If you're interested in making birds, get my tutorial at my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

And the birds are all winners today, the ruler fabrics are amazing.

Mary J said...

I love your birds!!! 😊

Ann said...

I love seeing how you interpret a scene into a bird block. Thanks!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Three more winners!